Reconstruction of USH 41 Interchange at Mason Street (WIS 54), Green Bay, WI
Managed the construction of the Mason Street Interchange and mainline USH 41. Led a team of engineers, inspectors, and sub-consultants on this 18-month, complex urban transportation project. Provided construction oversight including bridge demolition and replacement, raze and removal, grading, installation of three multi-lane roundabouts, concrete paving, median barrier, lighting, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), retaining walls, storm sewer, and detention ponds. Also provided construction oversight for mainline concrete paving, structure replacement, box culvert and noise wall construction, and landscaping. Project highlights include:
- US 41 mainline construction were designated by WisDOT as “expedited”
- Worked nights and weekends to accomplish the work on schedule, minimizing impact on traffic flow during weekdays
- Project won the Wisconsin DOT Outstanding Highway Construction Award.
- Received the Wisconsin DOT Tribal Excellence Award for implementing unique tribal community sensitive design elements
- Minimized impacts to local businesses including the Oneida Mason Street Casino through clear signage